Module 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
This module describes the features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). It also covers the considerations for deploying DCs.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
- Describe AD DS and its main components.
- Describe the purpose and roles of domain controllers.
- Describe the considerations for deploying domain controllers.
Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
This module describes how to use various techniques to manage objects in AD DS. This includes creating and configuring user, group, and computer objects)
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
- Manage user accounts in AD DS.
- Manage groups in AD DS.
- Manage computer objects in AD DS.
- Use Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration.
- Implement and manage OUs.
- Administer AD DS.
Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests. The module provides an overview of the components in an advanced AD DS deployment, the process of implementing a distributed AD DS environment, and the procedure for configuring AD DS trusts.
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
- Describe the components of an advanced AD DS deployment.
- Deploy a distributed AD DS environment.
- Configure AD DS trusts.
Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations. The module explains how replication works in a Windows Server AD DS environment.
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
- Describe how AD DS replication works.
- Configure AD DS sites to help optimize authentication and replication traffic.
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
This module describes how to implement a GPO infrastructure. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
- Explain what Group Policy is.
- Implement and administer GPOs.
- Describe Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing.
- Troubleshoot GPO application.
Module 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy
This module describes how to configure Group Policy settings and Group Policy preferences. This includes implementing administrative templates, configuring folder redirection and scripts, and configuring Group Policy preferences.
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, software installation, and scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
- Implement administrative templates.
- Configure Folder Redirection, software installation, and scripts.
- Configure Group Policy preferences.
Module 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
This module describes how to configure domain controller security, account security, password security, and Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA).
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
- Secure domain controllers.
- Implement account security.
- Implement audit authentication.
- Configure managed service accounts (MSAs).
Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
This module describes how to implement an AD CS deployment. This includes deploying, administering, and troubleshooting CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
- Deploy CAs.
- Administer CAs.
- Troubleshoot and maintain CAs.
Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
This module describes how to deploy and manage certificates in an AD DS environment. This involves deploying and managing certificate templates, managing certificate revocation and recovery, using certificates in a business environment, and implementing smart cards.
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
- Deploy and manage certificate templates.
- Manage certificates deployment, revocation, and recovery.
- Use certificates in a business environment.
- Implement and manage smart cards
Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
This module describes AD FS and how to configure AD FS in a single-organization scenario and in a partner-organization scenario.
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Web Application Proxy Overview
- Describe AD FS.
- Explain how to deploy AD FS.
- Explain how to implement AD FS for a single organization.
- Explain how to extend AD FS to external clients.
- Implement single sign-on (SSO) to support online services.
Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
This module describes how to implement an AD RMS deployment. The module provides an overview of AD RMS, explains how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure, and explains how to configure AD RMS content protection.
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
- Describe AD RMS.
- Deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
- Configure AD RMS content protection.
Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
This module describes how to plan and configure directory syncing between Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and on-premises AD DS. The modules describes various sync scenarios, such as Azure AD sync, AD FS and Azure AD, and Azure AD Connect.
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
- Plan and prepare for directory synchronization.
- Implement directory synchronization by using Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect).
- Manage identities with directory synchronization.
Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
This module describes how to monitor, manage, and maintain AD DS to help achieve high availability of AD DS.
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the Active Directory database
- Active Directory backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity and access solutions
- Monitor AD DS.
- Manage the Active Directory database.
- Describe the backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity access solutions.